Actually, we’ve been back for nearly two weeks from our first vacation as a family of four. Our nine day trip to northern Wisconsin and Chicago was a bit wearing on all of us, but we are now revived and ready to share those photos and memories.
The trip was our attempt at two vacations in one–a trek up north to visit the family cabin and a few days in the big city to see the sites and catch up with Greg. We decided it might be easiest for the girls to travel at night, so we left on Thursday, July 7th at 5:00 pm and rolled into the cabin around 1:30 am. Five days of relaxing on the boat, dock, deck, and beach, though, helped us overcome any lingering exhaustion.
[flickr-gallery mode=”photoset” photoset=”72157627165682967″ fg_filter=”favorites” extras=”description,tags” tags=”Cabin”]
We left the cabin on Tuesday July 13th around 5:30 for another evening drive, this time to Chicago. Our 12:45 am arrival meant for another short night for Mom and Dad, but Grace and Madelyn were still excited to see the zoo, Navy Pier, aquarium, Millennium park, and the beach over the next three days.
[flickr-gallery mode=”photoset” photoset=”72157627165682967″ fg_filter=”favorites” extras=”description,tags” tags=”Chicago”]
We look forward to years of family vacations ahead!
These were just our favorites, for more pictures check out Flickr.
No Comments »
We know it is hard to believe, but Madelyn is already two months. As these pictures show, she is growing and changing by the day. Geoff, Jill, and big sister Grace are loving watching her “awaken” as she becomes more alert and aware each week. At two months, here are some things we are all learning about Madelyn:
- She gives her biggest smiles when her tummy is full right after eating
- She can now hold on to her toys if she accidentally “catches” them
- She likes to play under her gym, especially if big sister lays down beside her
- She enjoys watching big sister Grace in all of her busy endeavors
- She is a great sport when tagging along on trips to the library or meeting Daddy
- She’s “really cute,” according to big sis
- She can sleep for a 7 hour stretch at night, although she usually “calls” for Mommy after about 6 hours
- She looks adorable wearing a big bow
- She loves to be cuddled to go to sleep, even if Mom and Dad agree this is spoiling her
- She has plenty to say as she coos back at you, especially if she has your full attention during big sister’s nap
And with that, here is a glimpse of our pretty baby girl at 2 months!
[flickr-gallery mode=”photoset” photoset=”72157626661889779″ fg_filter=”all” extras=”description,tags” tags=”2months”]
No Comments »
The summer has been flying by as we fill our weekends with summer fun. Madelyn is proving to be a great sport as she tags along on trips to the zoo, parades, fireworks, swimming and family outings. Although often times she sleeps through the fun…we are enjoying new experiences as a family of four. Grace, of course, is loving showing her little sister how to do big-kid things. And, Mom and Dad are amazed at how much fun each adventure can be through the eyes of our daughters.
Here are a few pictures of some of the fun!
[flickr-gallery mode=”photoset” photoset=”72157627228352240″ fg_filter=”custom” extras=”description”]
1 Comment »