Happy holidays! 2023 ushered in a new phase of big kids. A high schooler and new driver, a middle school veteran, and more kids activities than we can shake a stick at. The girls continue orchestra and 4-H, Madelyn joined the middle school basketball team, Grace joined the high school dance team, we still have two different dance studios, and both kids auditioned for the Nutcracker. Dance runs our lives, especially in the fall with two studios, dance team and both girls in the Nutcracker. Things got so busy that this year Grace made the hard choice to drop volleyball and focus on dance.
With all of the activities going on, it was hard to imagine how we could fit anything else in. But both girls found many times with their friends, football games, basketball games, and sleepovers. We also managed trips to Cabo, D.C., New York, and the cabin for relaxation and family time. Despite being incredibly busy, we are thankful for all of our blessings. A few of the highlights from our year made their way into our letter:
Additional photos from the year can be found in the following albums:
- Grace’s last year of volleyball
- Cabin remodel – we spent all spring up until our first rental on a huge remodel project
- Grace’s spring 2023 orchestra concert
- Cabo – great relaxing and awesome whale watching!
- Bold Dance Recital
- Robert Dance Recital
- Cabin trip in July – with the Ford family!
- Washington DC – with Jill’s mom Donna
- New York City
- Gresham fall – with some friends of the girls
- Ames High Homecoming
- Ames High Dance Team
- Nutcracker 2023
All the best from our family to yours, happy holidays!